Thursday, December 10, 2009

Playing Catch Up and The Piano

I don't know if I thought time would stand still for me or what, but it looks like that is not going to happen. There may be no way I'll ever get a chance to catch upon all I have to, especially on the blog, so forward I'll march!

This past weekend the big kids had their first piano recital...a Christmas one.

They have been taking lessons for about 2 months from a friend who lives in the court next to us. Her name is Sarah and I think she is a genius!

Being a non-musical person, I am amazed at what they have learned.
I don't know why I expected they'd still be playing scales and nothing else, but I sit in awe when MY children actually sit at the piano and play songs that I recognize... and yes, I said songs...like more than one each!
Blows my mind!
Ok,
back to the recital...
Any good mother would have taken the video camera to a recital, but Nope, not me!
Being that the recital was during Georgia and Luke's nap time, I was feeling I might otherwise be engaged (like wrestling babies in the lobby), and wouldn't even be in the chapel when my kids played, so I took the digital camera and hoped for posed pictures, at best.
The babies allowed us to stay and hear our two pianist, but not much more.

You'll have to take my word for it, that Jackson did a wonderful job playing "We Wish You and Merry Christmas" & "Alouette",

and Sara did an amazing "Joy to the World" & the theme song to "Swan Lake".
I was so proud!
The babies were yelling "Hooray" when the kids were done, and a little while they played, which is one of the reasons we had to remove them. I think they were proud too!
At home, they hop on the piano whenever they get a chance so they can play just like their big brother and sister, and soon, all too soon, they will!

No comments:

Post a Comment