This week has been filled with new opportunities and a little bit of adventure. After 7 weeks of working as the USFOR-A Battle Major, I have been promoted up to the Deputy of Current Operations. In a few weeks I will assume the duties of Chief of Current Operations. What this really means is that I will get more responsibilities, work more hours and receive the same amount of pay. The positive thing that comes out of this is that I can an opportunity to try to make a few small changes that will hopefully make my replacements life a little easier. As with almost everything in life, it's the small victory's that keep us in the fight for another day. The good news for the week is that after 5 weeks of not seeing the outside of my walls on NKC, I was able to take a trip over to Camp Phoenix. Although Camp Phoenix isn't necessarily a special place, it was nice to see some different scenary and to see the people of Kabul carrying on with their daily lives as we drove through the traffic to get there. Here are a few pictures:

Getting ready to leave
Your average Kabul Apartment complex
Thats all for now, see you next week
No comments:
Post a Comment