Well I have reached the 6 week mark and am a few days away from being at the 2 months since I left home. This has been a sobering week with the successful completion of the Afghan elections, but unfortunately, it was coupled with the loss of 9 American soldiers and sailors yesterday. I was able to take comfort in the fact that the casualty reports that I saw, listed each individual as a Christian.
On most days, many of us at this headquarters are frustrated about the politics and retardation of an Army higher headquarters. We hope that in the end, we are doing something that provides the warfighter's stationed all over this country the ability to achieve success, which will ulitimately get everyone home as soon as possible. After being here for 6 weeks, I figured that I had to put some serious things into the blog, since it is a combat deployment after all. Even though on most days, it feels like I am in the movie "Groundhog day".
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment