Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesdays with Wade "Week 5 in Kabul"

I can't believe that I am already up to week 5.  By the time I write the blog next week, I will be over the 25% mark.  As promised, this week I am going to focus in on the chow hall.  Now let me start by reminding you that even though this chow hall feeds like a Luby's and has the snacks and drink selection of a small convenient store, this is still a combat zone and
 most of the food is actually pre-cooked (kinda like a high speed MRE).  On most days, I only eat 2 meals a day, since my work schedule has me sleeping through breakfast and I work out during mid-rats (or Midnight rations).  So when I eat, I eat a lot to make up for the 18 hours in between dinner and lunch.  So with that being said, here are all of the pictures:




Fridays is steak night.  Yes, they repeat the menu every week, so although there is some variety, every Monday is the same through Sunday.  The only ones that I really remember are Wednesday (Mexican) and Friday (Steak, Crab Legs and Shrimp).  I usually save the ice cream and cake for Tuesday's and Thursdays, when I stick with Chicken breast, rice and salad.  As you can imagine, there are a few folks that look like Jackson did when he was a toddler.  Well that's all for this week.  We have the elections on Saturday and people are still up in arms over the threat of an American burning the Quran, so it should make for a fireworks filled weekend.  Till next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment