Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Birthday From Afghanistan


As I thought about what I would write this evening, I started thinking about the time that has passed since you were born.
Thirteen years ago, as your mother and I waited for this journey to begin, we were scared, broke and let's be honest... we didn't have a clue at how this amazing person would change our lives forever.
I cried the first time that I saw you.
Your mom often jokes that it was because I thought I was having a son but the real reason is, that I was so happy and so amazed at how beautiful and wonderful you were.
In our arms was the most perfect little girl ...and God made you, just for us.

As you have grown, you have always amazed us... from the little snorting thing you did when you were 1 to finding you doing aerobics in our room at 3.  Memorizing and reciting entire books at 4, singing "I can hear you breath"at 5, being brave and getting through your first play at 6, doing an amazing job during the church play... you were 9. Reading entire novels at 10, learning to play the violin at 11 and having almost mastered the piano at 12.... WOW!


Every time we see you, we are reminded of all of the good in the world and what an amazing God that we serve. It would be a lie to say that you were perfect....  Lets face it, you have some of your dad's,  "traits", but overall you are one of my most favorite people in the World, and I don't say that just because you are my daughter.
As you continue to grow into a remarkable woman of God, please continue to be funny, cynical and wise.


Here is a picture of your daddy eating some cake for your birthday

Love, Your Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment