Saturday, September 19, 2009

Things you'd see in Okinawa: Rollerslides!

One of the things we'd heard so much about in Okinawa before we arrived, were all the wonderful parks. Saturday the kids and I went to visit this cute park for a little outside time.


Now that the weather has cooled down a bit, all the kids had a blast riding on all the animals,

and even had energy left for a little walk.
So, we took a walk down this little path,


that had fun lights that looked like trees with owls perched on top,

for a little more "adventurous" fun...the roller slide!!
These huge metal slides have plastic rollers (kind of like a conveyor belt) on them that allow you to slide, or should I say FLY, down them.
We were prepared...with cardboard in hand.... You see, I have taken Jackson and the little ones before to a roller slide before, and we learned very quickly, that sliding at that speed, with no protection, left us feeling like the seats of our pants were on fire!! (Yes... that is Luke walking away with those sweet Okinawan children...and yes, I did have to go all the way to those hedges to catch him!!)

There were nets to get you half way up to the slide,

or you could take this very long staircase all the way to the top.

Watching the kids faces as they came down that slide, pure joy with just a touch of terror, was priceless!!



The tower was separate, and I'm sure had a great view of the city, but I was NOT going to walk all that way with the 2 babies...I could foresee having to carry them down and just wasn't up for it without Wade! I think Jackson went all the way up, but didn't take the camera...I'll have to go back and get a picture from up there. Until then, enjoy a few more pictures from our fun day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment