I have been in Kabul for over a week and have finally become settled. Since the base is small and I don't anticipate getting out of the compound very much, I will limit pictures to 2-3 per week. I figure that the first week would be good to cover where I currently sleep. Here are a few pictures of the tent that I live in. I am on a waiting list to move into a room that I will have to share with 2 people. I will have to let you know later if that is a better deal or not.
As you can see, I was able to find a bunk bed that was missing the top mattress. This is key as I am the only person in the tent without some fat rascle moving around all night which shakes the bed and keeps you from sleeping. I tied my poncho liner up to keep the lights out of my eyes. I work a noon to midnight shift and usually sleep from 2am to 9am, with everyone else waking up between 5-6 am. I found the chair outside and acquired it, so I would have a place to keep my alarm clock and Bible. I just finished reading 1 Sam. and moving on to II Samuel. Both books are filled with warriors who were able to serve God and kill a lot of bad guys in the process.
As you can see from the outside of my tent, it is pretty decent size and completely surrounded by Alaska barriers, which is good in case some crazy rascle wants to shoot rocket or RPG towards the base when I am in the rack. No worries though, it has been a while since something like that has occured. Well its almost 1:00 in the morning and time to hit the gym. Catch you next week on "Wednesday's with Wade" . In case you want to send an e-mail, you can reach me at wade.h.nordberg@afghan.swa.army.mil
No comments:
Post a Comment