Monday, August 30, 2010

Our First Day of School

Summer was great, but we were excited to get back to school. 
With Wade being gone, we knew that a schedule would really help the time past quickly, so we happily started back today!

Sara got an early, early start at her new school....Ryukyu Middle, 
but not before her Dad had a chance to skype her good luck!
I was terribly sad to see her go, but know she'll do wonderfully!
She said it was a pretty good first day, except the part when she got lost!

The Nordberg Acadamy of Excellence also had a great start.
   
I wish I had more pictures, but we were busy,
busy...
busy!!!
The kids did amazingly well, and worked so hard for me on their first day.
It's the little things that make me happy... Ahh, a brand new box of crayons!

The kids were so eager, that about mid-morning I thought we might get done too quickly, but that was because God knew what was coming.... Typhoon Kompasu!
Timeline.gif

It looks like there is a Big Typhoon headed straight for Okinawa! Being done early was a huge blessing because I spent late morning and early afternoon bringing in and securing everything we had outside, and making emergency commissarry runs for more water! (Story for another time, but it ends with Luke spilling an entire gallon of water on Sara and Georgia's bedroom floor!)

We'll see what comes at us, and if Sara even has a 2nd day of school...
but as for the rest of us, well, we're hoping our second day is as good as our first!

No comments:

Post a Comment