Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

We woke up Halloween morning to rain.
We hoped all day that it would clear up by evening, and were so happy that when our neighbor's Halloween Parade started, the rain stopped. As soon as the kids were through the parade, and ready toTrick-or-Treat, it started to rain again.. Correction, it started to POUR!!

They went out anyway...
and then, things got crazy!

It is my understanding that McT, the base we live on, is the only one opened up to the Japanese Nationals, so even in the pouring rain, we had literally 100s of Trick-or-Treaters! I so wanted to take pictures of myself, along with all of my neighbors... lawnchairs lined up in a row, handing out candy to lines and lines of children, but I never got the chance.
I didn't even have a chance to look up and enjoy all the costumes because they were coming so fast!
As a matter of fact, we were so busy that this... is the only picture I took all night long...
So today after church, I made the kids dress up in their costumes again so I could get some pictures... We had:
Sara "The Greek Godess"
Jackson "The Gladiator"
Georgia "The Honey Bee" ...who burned her hand during naptime (don't ask), so it looked like she was paying tribute to Micheal Jackson!
and Luke "The Pirate"
Wade is in Fuji, so the big kids ventured off with the neighborhood kids, and the babies stayed with me to hand out candy, but we all had so much fun!!
With our first Halloween in Japan under our belts, we so look forward to next year, and will definitely be better prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment