Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Come on in...

Many of you have asked about our home in Japan. What it looks like, How big it is, etc. So, I thought it would be fun to share it with you... a little at a time!
Today we've decided to share the Girls' Room. I say "we" because Sara is my co-author on today's post!
Wade and I chose to have Sara and Georgia share a room this year in an effort to make the small living space we do have, go a little further. We are hoping to use our fourth bedroom as a playroom/ study once we get Luke out of there and into his big boy bed. I am also hoping that by keeping them together for these 3 years, that my girls will form a bond that might otherwise not be there, because of their age difference. It has taken some adjustment for the almost 12 year old, who wants privacy all the time, to get used to the little 3 year old, who thinks privacy is silly, but they are doing great!


As you know my name is Sara Nordberg. And I get to help write this post... Come on in, this is our room! (I share with Georgia, who's 3.)


(Erica: I love the girls' Birdie bedding and was so happy we were able to compromise on it. I think it's perfect...not to "little girl" for Sara, who loves birds and nature, and not to "grown up " for Georgia. To be honest...I think this adorable knit pillow is what sold us all!! Thank you Wal-mart!!)


If you are wondering, this is the endangered Coocko Bird.. Me and G each have our own and they are quite cuddly!! (Although sometimes I think that Georgia as too much influence over them!) Tee-hee!! Just kidding!! Although they are quite cuddly!



My bunk is the one on top ,and Georgia's is the bottom one. The closet is mine to decorate (inside and out) and that makes me very happy. I am also getting a shelf installed somewhere near the tree for my books. Personally I love the tree because it makes me feel like I am sleeping in a tree house!


(Erica: I love how the tree turned out too! Those vinyl decals were a great way to personalize the room, and they'll peel right off when we move! When we painted the room that green color, (Lemon Grass, to be exact) we were worried how everything was going to look, since we didn't have ANY of our stuff at the time, but I think it all came together nicely! With little of the rest of the house "complete", the girls' room is one of my favorites!)

I really love my room and though right now, I enjoy my privacy, I love sharing with G!! She's like my alarm clock (which is good because I probably wouldn't do too good on my own!) I have already started Home-schooling (which is why G is a good alarm-clock), and it's fun...

~~~Sara~~~~~


PS- Wish me luck in Home-schooling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment