Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Our Summer Mission Trip to the Philippines

The next logic post would be about our Mission trip, but it won't be.

I have tried, so many times, to relay what happened in the Philippines, and two years later, I still have yet, to be able to put it into words. Even when I was there, I would stare at my journal each night after our devotion time, and close it without writing a thing.

I can tell you that we did great things; we had fun; we were the hands and feet of Jesus.

We laughed; we cried; we met amazing people.

I can tell the funniest stories, that would be meaningless to you, because they all end with...
"HA, HA, Ha....you just had to be there!!"

But the magnitude of what happened to my heart there, makes the true experience, literally, more than I can put into words.

There IS one story, that stands above the others.
It changed me, and challenged me, in ways I will affect me for the rest of my life.

It is about a 12 year old boy.

It is about love at first sight and how looking at a child, through God's eyes, can make you do and think things you might not otherwise; about having to say goodbye and living with the reality of having God "break my heart for what breaks His".
It is about going back to a life you thought was wonderful, and finding out God has plans to make it better.
It is about how good our God is, and how in trusting Him, I was able to start putting my broken heart back together, and only then did I notice there were missing pieces.
It is about listening to Him, and knowing that by obeying His word, adoption was the answer to finding those "missing pieces".
and it is about trusting Him and finding peace in the midst of trading our plan for His!


No comments:

Post a Comment