This MLK Day, Wade had the day off, but I made the big kids do school so we'd have plenty of time to take breaks when Grandma and Grandpa visit.
To keep the house quiet while we tried to finish our work, Wade took the babies for a drive.
So, the next day, we packed up a lunch and headed right back.
White Beach is a Navy installation, and in the area we went to, there were picnic sites, trailers you could rent, tent sites, a park and putt putt golf.

The day was beautiful, but unfortunately the beach was very windy, and pretty chilly.
In spite of that, we had a great time and can't wait to go back.
Sara, Jackson and I mostly combed the coastline for treasures while Wade and the little ones had fun on the playground.
Sara, Jackson and I mostly combed the coastline for treasures while Wade and the little ones had fun on the playground.
We found amazing treasures on the beach and filled a big bag to bring home, but there are a few that we chose to leave behind.
a fossilized rock
a starfish
a sea urchin
The Little one in our home, who has a 4th birthday right around the corner, can speak of little else. I couldn't believe my eyes when we spied this piece of coral shaped like a #4 lying on the beach.
I picked it up and brought it home for her, of course!
She is sweet when she wants to be!

As we were leaving we all had to take a potty break and found these in the snack machine.
As we were leaving we all had to take a potty break and found these in the snack machine.
Do they still sell these things in America? I made them share one, so i didn't get a taste!
Amazing...God does good work, doesn't he?!
No comments:
Post a Comment